No flash message
Some of the content and features delivered by this site requires JavaScript to be enabled in your browser
Wednesday 26 June
Internatsupport > International Student Advice Service

International Student Advice Service

Extending your Leave to Remain as a Student (Student Visa)

Is your visa expiring in the next 6 months? Do you need more time to complete your course?

If so, please contact us now. Recent changes to the immigration rules have significantly restricted the circumstances in which Tier 4 visas can be extended within the UK. In many circumstances, it will now be necessary to obtain a new visa from overseas, not from within the UK. If you think you may need more time to complete your course, please contact us early to review your visa options.

Watch the Tier 4 Visa Extension Guide How much do I need in my bank account?

What other documents do I need for my Tier 4 application? What if I have dependants?

If you are eligible for a Tier 4 visa extension, your International Student Adviser can check your form AND send your application to UK Visas and Immigration for you via the Student Batch Scheme.

Make sure you also look at our Breaking News section as this is where you will find updates and announcements about extending your Leave to Remain under Tier 4 of the Points Based System.

If you would like to make use of any of these services then please email International Student Advice.

Email International Student Advice:

(Page updated August 2016)