No flash message
Some of the content and features delivered by this site requires JavaScript to be enabled in your browser
Sunday 22 April
Internatsupport > Letter Requests

International Student Advice Service

Letter Requests

At sometime during your studies you may need a confirmation letter to show that you are a student at Anglia Ruskin University.  This may be needed for a visa extension, to open a bank account, to exempt you from paying council tax etc. To request a letter, you must be a fully registered student at Anglia Ruskin University and you must not be in debt to the University.


The I-Centre can produce the following letters upon request.

You should allow 2 working days before collecting your letter

  • Confirmation of Student Status Letter: If you have a student visa and wish to travel outside of the UK then it is highly recommended that you take a letter with you confirming that you are a registered student to present to the immigration authorities when you return to the UK.
  • Council Tax Exemption


The International Student Advice team can produce the following letters upon request:

  • CAS letters for visa extensions

If you need to extend your student visa, then you will need a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies which is worth 30 points). It is also strongly recommended that you speak to your International Student Adviser BEFORE applying to extend your student visa. Please see our ‘Extending your Student Visa’ section for further information. You can download a CAS request form here. You will need to email or give this form to your International Student Adviser, along with a copy of your current passport and visa.


(Page updated May 2012)