No flash message
Some of the content and features delivered by this site requires JavaScript to be enabled in your browser
Wednesday 26 June
Internatsupport > Inviting Family to Visit

International Student Advice Service

Inviting family to visit you in the UK

During your course, your family may wish to come to visit you in the UK.  In most cases, family members living outside the EEA will require a Standard Visitor visa in order to come here.

You can check if your family members would need a visa using the tool at

If your family needs to apply for a visit visa, we suggest you supply them with the following documents to support their applications:

  1. Request the ‘Student Status Letter’ from the iCentre on campus.
  2. Adapt the template invitation letter with the appropriate details.  Then print, sign and send it to your family, along with the Student Status Letter.

Information about the other documents needed to apply for the Standard Visitor visa is available at:

Feel free to contact us with any queries.

(Page updated April 2016)