No flash message
Some of the content and features delivered by this site requires JavaScript to be enabled in your browser
Thursday 21 November
Internatsupport > Advice for EU students

International Student Advice Service

Advice for EU, EEA and Swiss students

The EU Settlement Scheme

Following the recent extensions of the Brexit deadline, it remains unclear if and when the UK will leave the European Union, and under what terms.

Regardless of what happens, having received information from UKCISA (the UK Council for International Student Affairs), as well as taking advice from other reliable sources across the UK higher education sector, ARU is encouraging all current students from the EU / EEA / Switzerland to apply for ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

The EU Settlement Scheme provides a straightforward way for EU / EEA / Swiss students who are currently resident in the UK to secure their right to remain in the UK, and continue with their courses at ARU. The organisation Free Movement has created a video walk-through of the application process, which you can view below:


Please note that an Android or iPhone 8 (or above) device is required to complete ID checks as part of the application process. If you have no way of accessing a suitable device, please contact us at and we will assist you.

Further useful links:

EU Settlement Scheme Information - published by the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA).

EU Settlement Scheme online application form - the government's online application form for the scheme.

EU Settlement Scheme Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs document published by ARU's International Student Advice Service.

Arrangements in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit - government guidance in the event of 'no deal'.

Healthcare entitlements

For helpful information on healthcare entitlements for EU, EEA and Swiss students, please click on the link below:

Healthcare in the UK for EU, EEA and Swiss students

(Page updated October 2019)