No flash message
Some of the content and features delivered by this site requires JavaScript to be enabled in your browser
Friday 23 March
Finance > Financial Operations FAQs


Here are the answers to your frequently asked questions

We hope you find the answers to your questions here, if you cannot find the answer you are looking for then please use one of the following email addresses to contact us:

Credit control
For difficulties in making payments
Income Team
For queries relating to payments or payment plans, and set up online in relation to tuition or accommodation fees
Invoicing and fees
For SLC / sponsor related issues or tuition fee queries, including the finance tile on the Registration task
For Registration related queries, excluding the finance tile on the Registration tile
Scholarship and Bursary
For Scholarship eligibility queries, and Student Finance maintenance queries

Contact Details

What are your opening hours?

Our counter service is open Monday to Friday 10am till 4pm Our telephone service for credit/debit card payments is available from 8:30am until 4:45pm Monday to Thursday, and 8:30am until 4:15pm on Friday.

Where is the Finance Office located?

Cambridge located on the Ground Floor of the Eastings Building, which is across the road from the Helmore Building. Chelmsford located on the 3rd Floor of the Rivermead Gate Building.

The entrance is next to the Spar shop.You can also phone us in Chelmsford on 01245 683190 or Cambridge on 01223 698006.

How to pay

How can I make a payment?

You can pay online via at

You can pay over the telephone with a debit or credit card.
Cambridge – 01223 698006
Chelmsford – 01245 683190

You can also pay via bank to bank transfer:

Bank: Barclays, 40/41 High Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1BE
Account name: Anglia Ruskin University
Sort code: 20-20-35
Account number: 40116890
Swift code: BARCGB22
IBAN number: GB66 BARC 202035 401168 90

What debit and credit cards do you take?

We accept all debit and credit cards except Diners.

Payment Plans

Can I pay in instalments?

You can set up a tuition fee instalment plan as part of your online registration. Alternatively, you can set this up on our payments page.

Students taking courses of 4 months or shorter will need to pay the tuition fees in full at the start of the course.

Home/EU students can pay in 3 or 6 instalments, with one sixth taken at registration.

International students can pay in 2 instalments, with 60% taken at registration.

How do I update the card details on my payment plan?

We can only take card details by phone or in person so please call us with your student ID number and new card details. You can phone us in Chelmsford on 01245 683190 or Cambridge on 01223 698006.

I have a query about my payment plan. Who should I contact?

Please email your query to you can also phone us in Chelmsford on 01245 683190 or Cambridge on 01223 698006.

I am having difficulty meeting my payment plan. What should I do?

In the unfortunate event that you are unable to make payment you will need to contact the Credit Controller for your faculty.

Faculty Telphone Email
Faculty of Arts, Law and Social Sciences (ALSS) 01245 683714
Lord Ashcroft International Business School (LAIBS)

01245 683777

(Wednesday to Friday only)

Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education (FHSCE)

01245 683781

(not Wednesdays)

Faculty of Science and Technology (FST)

01245 683786

Faculty of Medical Science (FMS)

01245 683711

(Monday and Tuesday only)


01245 684231

Tuition Fees

When are the tuition fees due for payment?

Tuition fees are due for payment during the online registration. If you do not make full payment at that time you will need to set up a payment plan with a debit or credit card. This can be done as part of your online registration.

A sponsor is paying my tuition fees. What do I need to do?

If a sponsor is funding your tuition fees this information should show on your online registration. If not please raise a query by selecting I Do Not Agree in your registation task. You can also email us at

Your sponsor will have 30 days to pay.

I am being funded by Student Finance. What should I do?

If you are an undergraduate student and your tuition fee loan has been approved this should show during your online registration. Just select that you Agree that the course fee is correct to complete your registration. If your funding is not showing on your registration task please select I Do Not Agree. You will need to provide your Student Finance issued student support number or customer reference number to complete your registration.

If you are a postgraduate student your funding will be paid directly to you, and it is your responsibility to ensure you pay the University for your tuition fees. You can set up a payment plan as part of your online registration.

Are there any courses that require a deposit?

Most international students will be required to pay a deposit of £4000.

All students taking the Legal Practice Course (LPC) will need to pay a deposit of £350.

Deposits will be deducted from the remaining tuition due.

What is our Professional Career Development Loan (PCDL) number?

Our Professional Career Development Loan (PCDL) number is 3354


How do I pay for my University accommodation?

If you made your advance rent payment through the Accommodation portal, a payment plan has been set up to automatically take payments when they are due. This will be set up with the card used to pay the original advance rent payment.

You will be sent an email confirming the payment has been taken. If your email advises that we were not able to take payment the system will automatically try to take payment again in 5 days. Please contact us if you are not able to make the payment or you want to pay by a different card.

Welfare Loans

How do I get my welfare loan?

Your welfare loan can be paid in several methods.

Student Services will let you know how your loan will be paid. If this will be in cash, please visit the finance counter on campus during our opening hours with your welfare loan form.

If you are to receive the payment via BACs then it will go into your nominated bank account.

How do I pay my welfare loan back?

You can pay your welfare loan back via Our Online Payment Portal

I am unable to pay my welfare loan back at the time agreed on the slip. Who do I need to speak to?

If you are going to be late in repaying your loan then you need to speak to Money Advice in Student Services who issued the loan to you.

Books Plus

I have a question about Books Plus. What should I do?

Please visit the Books Plus pages:

Replacement ID cards

How do I receive a new student ID card and how much does this cost?

If you require a replacement ID card then you will be require to pay 10 towards the cost of the card. Payment must be made on the Online Store, the direct link to the store page:

Once you have paid please visit the i-centre to get your new card.

Library Fines

How do I pay my library fine?

Payment can be made online by logging into your library account and selecting Fines and Fees

You can also pay in person at your library. Please contact the library with any queries regarding fines.