No flash message
Some of the content and features delivered by this site requires JavaScript to be enabled in your browser
Thursday 3 December
My.Anglia > Student services > Health > Health and Wellbeing - Campus Health Services

Health and Wellbeing

Campus Health Services

The following health services are available on the Anglia Ruskin campuses:


On-campus medical centre

A Medical Centre with an NHS GP surgery is available during the semester offering a full, confidential and general medical service. The Medical Centre is located in the MUM101, Mumford Building

Opening Hours

Monday to Thursday: 8.30am - 1.00pm and 2.00 - 5.00pm
Friday: 8.30am - 1.00pm and 2.00 - 4.00pm
Call: 01223 698251

Red House Surgery

Registering with Red House GP Surgery Cambridge

  1. Visit
  2. Download the GMS 1 and New patient registration form - make sure you fill in the form in BLOCK LETTERS
  3. Send the full registration form to
  4. UK Students:
    Registration take 48 hours and when you have completed and returned the form, NHS England will transfer your health records to your new practice and write to you to confirm your registration as a patient with that practice.
    International Students:
    Registration take 48 hours and NHS England will write to you to confirm your registration as a patient with the practice with your NHS number.



The Rivermead Gate Medical Centre is located on the edge of our Chelmsford Campus.

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 6.00pm
Call: 01245 348688
Visit: Rivermead Gate Medical Centre

Emergency contacts

In a medical emergency, you should call 999 (UK emergency services) and give the operator as much detail as you can about your situation. If needed, an ambulance will be sent to you to take you to a hospital Accident and Emergency (A&E) department.

If you need urgent medical attention but are well enough to travel, you should make your own way to a hospital A&E department. You can find your nearest A&E department on the NHS website.

If itís not an emergency, but you need urgent medical advice (or think you need to see a doctor urgently) out of working hours, you should ring your GP's surgery. Youíll be connected to the Out of Hours Service and a local GP will telephone you back, usually within half an hour.

Advice and health information is also available at NHS Choices.


If you think that you or someone you know may have meningitis:

  • Call 111 or your local GP
  • Go to your nearest Accident and Emergency centre
  • Call 999 for an ambulance

Describe the symptoms carefully.