Access Your Anglia Ruskin Desktop Almost Anywhere
You can now access your Anglia Ruskin desktop and all its software on your own device. You can access it on campus over eduroam WiFi or off campus over an Internet connection. It'll work just fine over a reasonable broadband or cable connection.
In order to set your device up to access this system, you'll need to install a small client app. Follow the appropriate link to get instructions for your PC, Mac or tablet device.
Access on a PC
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 (32 or 64-bit)
- Navigate to desktop.anglia.ac.uk in a web browser and click on the Install VMware Horizon Client button.
- Click on the Go to Downloads link to the right of VMware Horizon Client for Windows 32-bit/64-bit. You do not require the installer which includes "local mode"
- Run the downloaded installer, when prompted for a "Default Connection Server", enter desktop.anglia.ac.uk
- Once the installer has completed you must restart your computer
- When your computer has been restarted, run the VMware Horizon Client
- Make sure desktop.anglia.ac.uk is entered into the Connection Server box, if displayed the "Log in as current user" box should be unchecked, click Connect
- Click Accept to the welcome message, in the User name box enter your Anglia Short Username (e.g. xyz123)
- Enter your Anglia Password and click Login
- Select your desktop and click Connect
Access on a Mac
Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
- Navigate to desktop.anglia.ac.uk in a web browser and follow the link to download the latest version of the VMware Horizon Client for Mac
- Download and install the VMware Horizon Client
- Once the VMware Horizon Client is installed, launch VMware Horizon
- Enter the connection server desktop.anglia.ac.uk and click Connect
- Click Continue to the welcome message and enter your Anglia Short Username (e.g. xyz123) and password, click Connect
- Chose a desktop and click Connect
Access on a Tablet
Download and install the VMware Horizon Client for iPad from the App Store.
Download and install the VMware Horizon Client for Android from the Google Play store. Requires Android 2.2. or newer. .
- After installing, launch the application
- Tap Add Server
- Enter desktop.anglia.ac.uk
- Accept the welcome message
- Enter your Anglia Short Username (e.g. xyz123) and password and tap login
- Select your desktop to connect
For advice and support, students should contact our Student IT Helpdesk: libanswers.anglia.ac.uk or +44 (0)1245 68 6600.
Staff should contact IT Services Customer Support Team: email@example.com or 0845 196 4357.