Access Your Anglia Ruskin Desktop Almost Anywhere
You can now access your Anglia Ruskin desktop and all its software on your own device. You can access it on campus over Anglia Ruskin WiFi or off campus over an Internet connection. It'll work just fine over a reasonable broadband or cable connection.
In order to set your device up to access this system, you'll need to install a small client app. Follow the appropriate link to get instructions for your PC, Mac or tablet device.
Access on a PC
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 (32 or 64-bit)
- Navigate to desktop.anglia.ac.uk and click on the Install VMWare Horizon View Client button.
- Click on the Go to Downloads link to the right of VMware Horizon View Client for Windows 32-bit/64-bit. You do not require the installer which includes "local mode"
- Make sure you have the latest version selected in the Select Version drop down menu before clicking on Download.
- Run the downloaded installer, when prompted for a "Default View Connection Server", enter desktop.anglia.ac.uk
- Once the installer has completed you must reboot your computer
- When your computer has been rebooted, run the VMWare Horizon View Client
- Make sure desktop.anglia.ac.uk is entered into the Connection Server box, if displayed the "Log in as current user" box should be unchecked, click Connect
- Click OK to the welcome message, in the User name box enter your Anglia username, e.g. AA001
- Enter your Anglia Password and click Login
- Select your desktop and click Connect
Access on a Mac
Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
- Navigate to desktop.anglia.ac.uk and download the latest version of the VMWare Horizon View Client installer
- Download and install the VMware Horizon View Client
- Once the VMware Horizon View Client is installed, launch VMware Horizon View
- Enter the connection server desktop.anglia.ac.uk and click Connect
- Click Continue to the welcome message and enter your Anglia username and password, click Connect
- Chose a desktop and click Connect
Access on a Tablet
Download and install the VMWare Horizon View Client for iPad from the App Store.
Download and install the VMWare Horizon View Client for Android from the Android Market. Requires Android 2.2. or newer. .
- After installing, launch the application
- Tab Add View Connection Server
- Enter desktop.anglia.ac.uk
- Accept the welcome message
- Enter your Anglia username and password and tap done
- Select your desktop to connect
For advice and support, students should contact our Student IT Helpdesk: email@example.com or 0845 196 6600.
Staff should contact IT Services Customer Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0845 196 4357.