No flash message
Some of the content and features delivered by this site requires JavaScript to be enabled in your browser
Sunday 26 March
Internatsupport > International Student Advice Service at Anglia Ruskin University

International Student Advice Service

The International Student Advice Service team offers a range of free specialist services to our international students.  The advice provided is available to students currently registered at Anglia Ruskin University or students who have been offered a place to study with us. Click on the buttons below or use the menu on the left to explore the areas of advice we can give.

13th to 17th March is Global Week - why not come along and celebrate different cultures and the global community at ARU? Click here for details of events at Cambridge and Chelmsford campuses, which include food, music, dance, henna tattooing, and much more!

Our contact details, and information about our drop-in advice sessions, are available here.

New: Protecting your immigration status - if you are a Tier 4 student, please read this important leaflet.

Staying in Cambridge or Chelmsford over Christmas? Please read our Christmas guides for useful information on shops, food, services and leisure over the vacation period.

Extending your student visa Working during your studies Working after your studies

Health Entitlements Breaking News Latest Newsletter

Social Events Getting help Open a bank account in the UK

Immigration advice (staff are qualified to give level 1 Immigration advice)

  • Student Visa extension service for eligible students
  • Visa advice for travel outside of the UK during holidays and field trips
  • Immigration Advice if you intermit or withdraw from your course (applicable to non-EEA nationals only)
  • Advice on Police Registration (only applicable to some non-EEA nationals)

Tuition Fee Advice

  • Assessment of tuition fees
  • Advice if you experience unexpected problems paying your University tuition fees

Other services

  • Working entitlements in the UK during and after your studies
  • Welfare advice in case of emergency or other difficulties
  • Health entitlements while studying in the UK
  • Opening a bank account in the UK
  • Social events for international students

Many general enquiries can be dealt with by e-mailing one of our International Student Advisers. The advisers within International Student Advice follow the Code of Practice set out by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) and all immigration and welfare advice is confidential. Appointments can be made by contacting the International Student Adviser by email.

(Page updated September 2016)