Plan your journey in advance and avoid giving the impression that you do not know where you are going
Follow these few simple rules outlined on this Police link http://www.cambs.police.uk/crimeprevention/student_safety/Student%20Safety%20website%20content%202016.pdf
BANK AND CREDIT CARDS
- Keep your cheque book and bank guarantee card in separate places.
- Sign your credit and bank cards immediately upon receiving them.
- Keep your pin number to yourself, don't write it down.
- Keep your card, 'lost and found' contact number handy
WITHDRAWING MONEY FROM A CASH MACHINE
- Do not ask anyone to use your card on your behalf.
- Try to go in daylight hours.
- Go with a friend if possible.
- Look around before inserting your card.
- Do not count your money in full view of strangers.
- Report any theft or loss immediately to your bank and the police.
If you become a victim of card theft or fraud you must report it to your bank immediately.
Go to right hand side links
go to local menu
Go to main menu