This collection of documents provide advice on various aspects of doing your research.
Advice on writing and editing
- Abstracts by Professor Emeritus Graham Badley, RDCS, discusses the specific requirements for producing a good abstract.
- Academic Writing and Editing Checklist - a checklist prepared by Prof. Caroline Strange, RDCS, to help ensure you've done everything you need to do in terms of writing and editing your work.
- Editing for Academics In this paper, Professor Emeritus Graham Badley, RDCS, discusses the fruits of his experience as a writer and editor, and gives some useful guidance on how to edit written work effectively.
- How to Write a Book Review Professor Emeritus Graham Badley, RDCS, illustrates how to write a good book review, using the example of James Hartley's Academic Writing and Publishing: A Practical Handbook (Routledge, 2008).
- Write a lot better - Part 1
- Write a lot better - Part 2 In this two-part article, Professor Emeritus Graham Badley, RDCS, reviews tips and techniques for becoming a better writer.
Advice on presenting your research
- Radio Interviews - slides from a presentation given by Professor Emeritus Inigo Everson, Department of Life Sciences, FST, on how to prepare for a radio interview.
You are also advised to consult the Further Reading section of the Research Degrees Handbook.
Go to right hand side links
go to local menu
Go to main menu